The Singapore Government has introduced the following measures to help companies and workers stay afloat:
1) Workers and Enterprises — A S$4 billion stabilisation and support package which includes job support schemes to retain local workers, wage credit support schemes to support wage increase for Singaporean workers, corporate income tax rebates, access to working capital loans from the Enterprise Financing Scheme and flexible rental payments to support tenants and lessees
2) Tourism — The Singapore Tourism Board will waive the licence fees for hotels, travel agents and tour guides, and defray cleaning and disinfection cost of hotels. Property tax rebates will be provided for hotels, serviced apartments, MICE venues, ferry terminals and integrated resorts, and a Temporary Bridging Loan Programme will be introduced to provide more cash flow.
3) Aviation — Rebates on aircraft landing and parking charges, assistance to ground handling agents and rental rebates for shops and cargo agents in Changi Airport will be given. There will also be a 15% property tax rebate for Changi Airport.
4) Transport — A S$77 million package will be introduced where taxi hirers and active private car drivers will receive S$20 in their hiring account each day.
5) F&B — The National Environment Agency (NEA) will provide a full month of rental waiver to stallholders in NEA-managed hawkers centres and markets, and the Housing Development Board will provide half a month of rental waiver to its commercial tenants.
6) Leave of Absence — Employers will be able to apply for the Leave of Absence Support Programme which gives the employer S$100 daily per affected worker for the duration of the leave of absence.